High Plains Library District offers more than just books with our Specialty Checkout service. Need a laptop? You can get one from your library. Need internet service? Get it from your library!
You must have a resident library card. CLC, Limited access or eAccess card holders are not eligible for Specialty Checkout service.
If this is your first time using Specialty Checkout, take a look at our Quick Guide.
Speciality Checkout items will be available for Curbside pickup starting 12/7/2020.
Please follow your location’s curbside instructions when picking up and dropping off items.
Complete with MS Office Suite and their own internet connection, these laptops are ready for any task.
Reserve a laptop! Select Your Pickup Location
Mobile Wireless Hotspot
An internet connection that goes wherever you go!
Reserve a Mobile Internet Hotspot! Select Your Pickup Location
State Park Pass
Free entry into all of Colorado’s wonderful State Parks. Just a few clicks away.
Reserve a State Park Pass! Select Your Pickup Location
(This item is only available at branch locations)
Thanks to the generosity of the Longmont Astronomical Society, you can bring home a powerful, easy-to-use telescope.
Reserve a Telescope! Select Your Pickup Location
Great for meetings, movie nights, and anything in between!
Reserve a Projector! Select Your Pickup Location
- You must have a valid email address
- You must have a resident library card. CLC, Limited access or eAccess card holders are not eligible for Specialty Checkout service.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have less than $7.50 in fines/fees on your library account.
- Items check out for a 7-day period (beginning on the start reservation date).
- Your reservation start date must be at least 7 days after today’s date.
- You can have 2 active reservations per month, per item type, but you may only check out 1 of each item type at a time (i.e. 1 laptop, 1 park pass, 1 telescope).
- The person who made the reservation, must be the person picking up the item.
- You can return items on or before the end reservation day.
- You can pick up and return your item during open library hours.
- You must return the item to a staff member at the library you checked it out from.
- You might be asked to remove an item from its case as part of the check-in procedure. This is to reduce the need for staff to handle items before they’ve been quarantined.
- Items will be more thoroughly examined after they’ve been quarantined for 72 hours, so if an item was damaged in a way that wasn’t immediately apparent, you may still hear back from us sometime in the 5-7 days following your return.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and the one-on-one nature of a Specialty Checkout, a mask is required to check out and return these items.
- You must bring a photo ID and your library card to check out your item.
- Reservation(s) are effective for 24 hours. Item(s) must be checked out within the 24-hour hold time. (For example: If you reserve a laptop for 10:00 am on Monday, you must pick up the item by 9:59 am on Tuesday. At 10:00 am on Tuesday, your reservation is automatically cancelled). No exceptions. Item(s) can be picked up any time during the 24-hour hold time.
For all Library Borrowing Terms and Limits, click here.
By using this service, you are agreeing to follow all state and federal laws about the use of the borrowed item(s). You also agree to follow library policies about Specialty Checkout item(s).
Return the item(s) to a staff member at the library from which you checked it out.
If an item is not returned by the due date, overdue charges of $20 per day will accrue and the full replacement cost may be charged. Accounts with balances that exceed $10 may be referred to our collection agency and additional charges will be assessed. The library may also report the failure to return an item to appropriate law enforcement authorities.