Hudson Public Library has been in existence since 1951. The original library was dedicated in memory of Anita Jeanette Caserotti. She tragically died after a fall from a horse. It started with help from volunteers and donations from the community and beyond. The Town Of Hudson then jumped in to help fund the library. The first library was housed in the back half of the Town Hall and the Town Clerk wore two hats to manage both.
When the district was formed in 1985 our residents voted to join. It provided them additional services, collective support and helped to secure reliable funds to support our library for the entire RE3J school district.
We have occupied a few buildings since 1951. Our Brand Spanking new structure, bought and paid for through a bond increase in 1999, can be found at 100 S. Beech St. in Hudson. The new address is just down the road from the Hudson Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Hudson library covers 12,000 square feet and includes a variety of features including:
The Library, a treasure chest of words that teach, entertain and challenge.
Our staff and building offer many services including: