These values help clarify the principles that guide the High Plains Library District. As trustees, administration, and staff of the High Plains Library District, we are committed to fulfilling our mission and vision while upholding the following values.
- Are treated with dignity, respect, and consideration.
- Receive an exceptional level of personal customer service.
- Are provided with a variety of library materials that reflect the communities' interests and values.
- Have access to up-to-date technology and receive assistance in using that technology.
- Enjoy a variety of quality programming for all ages.
- Have a positive library experience every time they visit.
- Are modern, clean, and well maintained.
- Provide and utilize up-to-date technology.
- Are open and available to all people regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical limitations.
- Are inviting, comfortable and friendly.
- Serve as a local gathering place.
- Uphold the principles of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America- the freedom to read, view, speak and hear.
- Is committed to instilling a love of reading.
- Are professional and reliable information catalysts.
- Will make every effort to be available to you whenever and wherever you need us.
- Seeks solutions to problems in a positive, productive manner.
- Works as a team to provide an exceptional level of service to all customers.
- Continues to learn and grow professionally in an effort to better serve you by taking advantage of classes, workshops, and seminars offered by the High Plains Library District, State/National Library Associations, and other agencies.
- Sees the High Plains Library District as an employer of choice; one that provides fair compensation, competitive benefits, and a flexible schedule that leads to a healthy work / life balance.
- Benefits from partnerships between High Plains Library District and other local agencies that support reading, education, and literacy.
- Enjoys the talents, abilities and contributions of High Plains Library staff at community-related activities.
- Is aware of and appreciates the programs and services offered by the High Plains Library District.
- Supports the High Plains Library District by contributing to its Foundation.
- Feels enriched by the presence of the High Plains Library District.